How we protect your privacy
Last Updated: August 8, 2023
If you are below the age of 16, you may use our website only with the permission and active involvement of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a minor, please do not provide us or other website visitors with any personal information and do not use this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we may delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
THE TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may process (eg collect, use, store and/or transfer) different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect personal data so we’ve broken down this section of the policy into different sections so you can better understand what areas are applicable to you.
How we collect personal data about our customers
In order to offer and access our services, we need to collect certain personal data from our customers. Here is a summary of how we collect personal data from our customers:
- We collect your Contact Data, Identity Data and Technical Data about our customers to provide you with the services, for example, to confirm your identity or contact you.
- We collect Usage Data about EMEI Global-hosted webpages, including how you interact with such webpages. We also collect data about how and when you access your account in order to give you access and to continuously improve our services.
- We collect Profile Data in the course of offering your courses to others.
- When transactions between you and our website involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and/or third party online payment services, we will collect Financial Data and Transaction Data as part of the course of doing business.
This personal data is collected when you sign up for our services, when you access our services or otherwise provide us with the personal data. In some circumstances, when you have given us express permission, we may also use and store your personal data.
How we collect personal data about our customers’ students/subscribers
In order to provide our services, we collect and process personal data about our customers’ students/subscribers. Here is a summary of the personal data that we collect from our customers’ students/subscribers:
- We collect Contact Data, Identity Data, Technical Data and Profile Data about our customers’ students/subscribers to allow them to access our services for processes such as enrollment, authentication, or otherwise administering our customers’ courses. This information is given on a voluntary basis when a customer uses or accesses our services, for example when a customer visits a EMEI Global site, enrolls in a course, or signs up for an account on a EMEI Global site.
- We collect Usage Data about how our customers’ students interact with a course(s) and website(s), including but not limited to, their progress through the course, quiz scores, survey results, discussion or forum contributions and other student activities.
- Some transactions between learners and our website or our customers’ courses may involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and/or third party online payment services. In such transactions, we will collect Financial Data and Transaction Data in order to provide our customers with the services, including a billing address, telephone number, and other information related to the transaction.
How we collect personal data about EMEI Global website visitors and support users
Here is a little more information about how we collect personal data about our website visitors and support users:
We collect your Usage Data including your IP addresses and how you interact with our website.
- We also collect backend Usage Data such as when you visited, the website from where you came prior to visiting us, the website where you go when you leave our website, your computer’s operating system, location data, and the type of web browser that you are using.
- We also collect Contact Data and Identity Data submitted by you via any messaging or email feature available from any of our websites.
- We may also receive Contact Data when you submit help tickets or make other requests to EMEI Global via any of our websites,
- We also collect the Contact Data of our telephone support users.
- For all those that email us for technical support, we collect Contact Data, Identity Data and Technical Data
- If you use our forum or community, we collect your Contact Data.
We collect this personal data when you visit EMEI Global-hosted web pages, use services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us. We use this information to provide and enhance our services (including servicing your account, if applicable), and to answer any questions you may have.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us and you can unsubscribe from any such marketing communications at any time.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you want any more information on the legal bases we use to process your personal data.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing, including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:
(a)Manage payments, fees and charges
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity
(f) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
Cookies and similar tracking technology
information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may
Information that we share with third parties
EMEI Global works with third parties to help provide our services and we may share your personal data with them to support these efforts in accordance with the purposes and lawful bases set out in the table above. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share personal data with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Personal data may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the services, or as otherwise required by law.
Personal data may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our homepage.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
EMEI Global will ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 7.
Terminating your relationship with us
If you decide to terminate your relationship with us, you may request that we delete your personal data. We try our best to comply with such requests but will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our services.
What we don’t do with your personal Information
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies (other than to specific EMEI Global customers you may be interacting with) for the marketing of their own products or services.
If you are a customer using EMEI Global’s services, we do not use the Personal Information we collect from you or your customers to independently contact or market to your customers. However, EMEI Global may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.